Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

I have a friend living in Canada on a visa who is from Ecuador. I am a US citizen & we want to get married. What do we have to do?

Asked on 5/03/12, 5:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Frenkel Frenkel Sukhman LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There are several options available to you to petition the US immigration authorities on behalf of your friend (for K-1 fiance non-immigrant visa, K-3 spousal non-immigrant visa or IR1/CR1 immigrant visa), so you first need to decide whether you could marry in the US or abroad to this Ecuadorean national. Different waiting times and requirements and conditions result in each option. You can obtain information from or can retain an immigration attorney to handle the filings.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/12, 8:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now