Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

immigration

hi my brother is a green card holder of more then ten years and he dosent pay taxes he have children back in his country can he apply for them with only the green card and for not paying taxes can he get an affaditve support from someone please tell me what he can do to get his children and wife to the us

Rachel Baskin Rachel Baskin, Attorney at Law

Re: immigration

If he is a green card holder, then he should be able to apply for them. However, they will have to wait outside of the United States while the application is pending. Similarly, if he does not pay his taxes, he will have a hard time proving that he can support them when they can get their green cards to travel to the US. He should consult with an attorney to discuss the requirements and time frame for sponsoring his family.

Please be advised that this is not legal advice, I'm not your attorney, and this is just a place to start in deciding what to ask your lawyer.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York