New York  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/21/13, 7:12 pm

Hi ,

I came from India on F1 visa in 2008 for my MS. I finished my MS degree in 2011. I paid around 15000 USD in 2010 for my college fee. I went to one of the tax office and I got wrong advise.I filed tuition credit return in 2011 and got around 1500 USD back.

I was not told that MS student could not file that tuition credit. Only undergraduate students were eligible for that. I filed saying that I am 3rd year college student, because I came in USA in 2008 and I was running 3rd year during 2010.

Currently I am on H1b and company is filing green card. Will I be in trouble during background process or should I file tax amendment?


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search