Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

Can I get married to a American in Canada if IM not a Canadian an IM I over stay in canada

Asked on 5/17/13, 7:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I do not know what the laws are in Canada, however, if you have a valid marriage in Canada, then the U.S. will recognize your marriage for purposes of U.S. Immigration.

You would need to speak with a Canadian Attorney otherwise, and I do not know if LawGuru has any attorneys that are licensed in Canada.

Read more
5/17/13, 8:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8822 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq.Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At LawMorro Bay, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessRiverside, San Bernardino, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now