Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

On October 22, 2013, we transferred this case I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to another office for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. WHAT DOES THAT MEANS

ANUJ SHARMA, ESQ. A SHARMA LAW FIRM, PLLC

10/21/2013: Some I-130 Petitions Transferred from NBC to NSC, TSC, and CSC to Balance Overall Workloads Among Service Centers

The USCIS announces that USCIS recently began transferring some casework from the National Benefits Center to the Nebraska, Texas and California Service Centers to balance overall operational workload. The affected casework includes the I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, filed by U.S. citizens for their eligible immediate relative (spouse, child, or parent). If your case was transferred, USCIS will send you a notice listing the transfer date and where your case will be processed. Your original receipt number will not change and this will not further delay the processing of your case.

This should be a welcome news for I-130 stakeholders who have been experiencing a tremendous delays in adjudication of these I-130 cases.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York