New York  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/03/13, 2:05 pm

whta can i do if i get marrie in usa with american resident when he was appling for his citizen i have to leave usa because my mom was sick , i have only visa but i overstay since 2009 to 2012 and been married 3 years, now he is citizen but he is in jordan, whats my best options? he can ask for me in jordan while im here or should i file divorce but none of us in usa, i cannt enter usa because im afraid they gonna find out i overstay and i didnt apply for my residence

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/03/13, 2:09 pm by Michael Cho

Your husband, if he is a US citizen, can still apply for your permanent residence as long as you both intend to permanently reside in the United States.

You may require an I-601 waiver if you overstayed illegally for more than 1 year in the United States.

You may find more information about the immigration visa process as well as the I-601 waiver here:

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Michael Cho 10940 Wilshire Boulevard, 16th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90024

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search