New York  |  Intellectual Property

ive been assigned to create a manual at work that includes forms and policies that already exist. how do i credit myself as the creator of such manual? do i copyright it? or note that it was assembled by me?

Answered on: 10/10/13, 8:07 am by Frank Natoli

If you are an employee of this company and this is within the scope of your employment then all the copyright interest will rest with your employer and nothing with you. It would not be your work to copyright assuming any of the content would qualify in any event.

If you are not an employee, but rather independent, then you would be the CR owner and the employer receives an implied license to use the material for its intended purpose.

If you would like to discuss further over a free phone consult, feel free to contact me anytime that is convenient.

Kind regards,

Frank

www.LanternLegal.com

866-871-8655

frank@lanternlegal.com

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis

Natoli-Lapin, LLC 304 Park Avenue South, 11th Floor New York, NY 10010