New York  |  Employment Law

I was hired as a 1099 contract worker at a real estate firm. I signed a non-compete agreement and attended training for a week. I've received a better offer at another firm and want to work there - is the non-compete agreement enforceable? Also, my current employer only lists properties in Brooklyn, NY and the new employer only lists in Manhattan.

Answered on: 9/13/13, 11:38 am by Roman Fichman Esq.

Unfortunately without reviewing the non-compete itself, it's impossible to answer this question. In addition, there are additional facts that need to be discussed to render an opinion.

My office has a special offer for LawGuru clients where we can conduct a limited review of the matter for $198 an hour. To take advantage of this limited time offer please go to:

http://thelegalist.wix.com/roman-fichman-esq-and-assoc/lawguru2

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq. New York Manhattan, NY 10011-1607