Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New York

Is an attorney responsible for filing the Satisfaction of Judgment in a L&T case in NYC?

Asked on 3/24/10, 8:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, but if the judgment that was obtained against you is only for possession of the premises, then that is not a judgment for which you can get a satisfaction. If it was a money judgment, wherein it says that "if landlord is paid the use and occupancy, then tenant can stay for three more months, but if not paid, landlord shall gain possession" then that again is not a judgment for which you get a satisfaction. If the money judgment says: "tenant shall pay $3000 to landlord" then you should get a satisfcation should that have been paid.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/10, 8:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now