New York  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/28/13, 2:27 pm

An ex-girlfriend has suddenly contacted me recently stating she will take legal action against $3300 that I owe her for rent. This happened about 5-6 years ago in New York City. No official lease was signed by me and I don't remember the details of the money I owed her. I am a 3rd year medical school student with a family, with a premature baby in the neonatal intensive care unit and have $200K in school loans. How should I proceed? Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search