Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New York

I fell behind on my rent , ive been making payments but my landlord tells me i have court comming up soon , but all i have is the date she has told me . i live in a complex and havenot recieved any type of legal court date notices, do i legally have to attend based of her word or should i have legal papers delivered to me . I have requested legal documents for this so said court date and have failed to recieve anything. what do i do?

Asked on 3/01/13, 7:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Rosenblatt Balsamo & Rosenblatt, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The law requires the landlord's process server to leave a copy of the papers at your door as well as to serve you with the pleadings by regular and certified mail. In addition the Court will send you a post card. If you did not get any papers, they will arrive soon. You can also go to the Court house and look up your case. A seasoned landlord tenant lawyer can get you 3-4 months to pay the back rent that you owe the landlord.

Robert Rosenblatt, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 3/01/13, 8:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now