Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New York


I rent a house and just recently we had a carbon monoxide leak and it forced us to stay in a hotel for 5 days. My landlord will pay for the hotel but not the food.

Is this right?

The house was red tagged (By the City)and not fit fto live in until the furnace was fixed

Asked on 12/30/09, 6:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. . . you are over reaching on the request for food payment.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/10, 6:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now