Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New York

Hi, i live in a house in brooklyn ny (+wife and child), the owner was deported from the US 3 year ago. since my step mom lives next door we told the owner that i am moving in, he aid its fine but i must pay all bills as if it was my house. i am now getting DOB violations he's answer was if i cant come back why would i listen to a court?

Question 1, should i pay for the violations and get the repairs done, then file for squatters something?

#2, ask the court to make me owner so i can fix and live without getting violations every 30 days?

Please let know what you think, as I'm sure that you might have a few questions, lol.

thank you

AJ

P.s. he also owns 1 house in PA and 1 house in OH.

Steven Czik CZIK LAW PLLC

We have substantial experience handling these types of cases, however, we would need some more information before making a complete and proper determination. You are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.

Law Offices of

STEVEN J. CZIK, P.C.

101 Avenue of the Americas, 15th Floor

New York, New York 10013

212.413.4462

czik@ovedlaw.com

The information provided by The Law Offices of Steven J. Czik, P.C. (LOSJC) is for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established by this communication and no privilege attaches to such communication. LOSJC is not taking and will not take any action on your behalf and will not be considered your attorney until both you and LOSJC have signed a written retainer agreement. There are strict deadlines, called statutes of limitation, within which claims or lawsuits must be filed. Therefore, if you desire the services of an attorney and decide not to retain LOSJC on terms acceptable to LOSJC, you are advised to immediately seek the services of another attorney.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New York

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms