Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New York

The owner of the apartment made me sign a blank lease and gave us the wrong amount of rent when handed to me. What should I do

Asked on 12/29/09, 6:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Immediately contact the landlord - in writing- inform him or her about the mistake, and request the landlord sign and return the letter acknowledging the mistake.


Read more
Answered on 1/04/10, 4:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now