New York  |  Medical Malpractice

Shoulder Surgery gone Bad?

I was having some weird pain in my shoulder and wanted to make sure it was nothing serious. I went for an MRI and I was diagnosed with a paralabral cyst with a probable labral tear. I had arthroscopic shoulder surgery in January. I went in for surgery and the scapal cracked while he was cutting one of the incisions. The piece that broke off fell down to my collar bone. He ended up having to give me an acromioplasty to get the scapal blade out. He had to split my deltoid in half to get to the bone. After the surgery I requested the medical records regarding the surgery and it turns out when he went in there there wasn't even a cyst!! I didn't even need the surgery in the first place. Now I have a 4'' scar right on the top of my shoulder and I am still recovering.

Is there anyone I can sue for this? The scapel manufacturer? MRI Lab? This is crazy.

I don't know what area of law these would fall under.