Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

I have an upcoming lawsuit. I rather not do hourly billing for a variety of different reasons, but my lawyer is offering that. Do you think it would be possible give a large amount as a flat fee, instead of hourly billing instead? Do you think I would be able to find a lawyer who would work that out for me re a lawsuit? Thanks very much.

Mark S. Grodberg Grodberg Magarian

Depending on the details, I am open to helping you with different fee structures. Please contact me at (646)770-4366.

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

The law allows flat fees and other types of billing arrangements. But if your current lawyer is only willing to work on an hourly basis, you can't make him change his mind.

Plenty of lawyers are willing to work for flat fees in some cases. You are free to shop around and see if you can find a lawyer you're comfortable with who will accept a flat fee you're willing to pay.

You should understand, though, that the size of a flat fee will depend on the amount of work the lawyer expects to do. If the case seems likely to involve a lot of work -- or if the amount of work is hard to estimate in advance -- lawyers who are willing to represent you for a flat fee may insist on a much higher fee than you want to pay.

SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN LAW OFFICES OF SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN, ESQ.,

You and your lawyer can decide on any ethically sanctioned and bar association prescribed fee structure that is fair, reasonable and agreed by both parties after full disclosure.

Steven Czik CZIK LAW PLLC

We have substantial experience handling these types of cases and very reasonable fees. We can certainly work out a flat fee rate for you as well. However, we would need some more information before making a complete and proper determination. You are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.

CZIK LAW PLLC

401 Greenwich Street

New York, New York 10013

212.413.4462

steven@cziklaw.com

The information provided by Czik Law PLLC (CLP) is for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established by this communication and no privilege attaches to such communication. CLP is not taking and will not take any action on your behalf and will not be considered your attorney until both you and CLP have signed a written retainer agreement. There are strict deadlines, called statutes of limitation, within which claims or lawsuits must be filed. Therefore, if you desire the services of an attorney and decide not to retain CLP on terms acceptable to CLP, you are advised to immediately seek the services of another attorney.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York