Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

i was at work today had i got burn at my job could i sue

Asked on 11/06/09, 9:52 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Lawrence Silverman Law Offices of Lawrence Silverman, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Generally speaking, no. Workers Compensation insurance claims are generally the exclusive remdy under the law for those injured while working, for injuries arising in the course of work duties while working;; however, there are exceptions to this general rules, as there are to almost any general rule.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/09, 10:13 pm
Pasquale Calcagno Calcagno & Associates, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may be able to sue but you are barred, with some exceptions, to suing your employer in New York. A third party other than you employer may be responsible for the burn. Call me, Pasquale Calcagno, Esq., for a free, confidential consultation at 1(800)WE-FIGHT so we can discuss the facts of your claim. We have convenient locations all over New York. You can also visit us on the web at for helpful information on your claim. I look forward to speaking with you.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/09, 10:37 pm
Jason Kessler Law Offices of Jason B. Kessler, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No that would be covered under workers compensation. For more information about workers compensation, please visit my website

Read more
Answered on 11/12/09, 4:32 pm
Antoinette Wooten The Wooten Legal Consulting, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In New York State work place accidents and injuries are USUALLY covered by Workers' Compensation, which bars an employee from filing a civil lawsuit. Workers' Compensation will pay for your medical bills and up to $400 per week in lost wages. In some occasions, for example when your employer has not purchased Workers' Compensation Insurance or where there is a third-party that is responsible for the injury, you may still bring a civil lawsuit. Also under certain specific working circumstances you can bring a civil lawsuit. In order to determine whether or not you qualify to bring a civil lawsuit as a result of your injuries we would need to speak with you and interview you. We offer free, no obligation consultations.

If you would like to schedule an appointment for a consultation you may call me at

212-962-1031 or 212-553-9167

Patricia Martin-Gibbons

Read more
Answered on 11/13/09, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now