New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/24/13, 7:36 am

In 1998 my mother turned her house over to me with my name as owner and granting her a life estate. She died in 2005 , her lawyer told me all I had to do was attach her death certificate to the deed. I would not have to get a new deed. This is in NY. Is the lawyers advice true?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search