New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/06/13, 1:52 pm

My soon to be ex-husband are on the title of the house. The mortgage is in his name. If i get the house in the divorce, how can i take over the mortgage? I can make the monthly mortgage payments but will not be able to get a loan in my name in that big amount. What can i do to keep the house?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/06/13, 2:08 pm by David Slater

You should have an attorney. Contact the bank that holds the mortgage to find out if they will accept you.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

David P. Slater, Esq. 5154 Windsor Parke Dr. Boca Raton, FL 33496

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search