New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/30/13, 8:07 am

When my father died my brother-in-law settle the estate and assumed my dad's home equity loan still in my dad's name.I have been renting to own the home and there is only $2500 left on the loan from my dad.Can my Brother-in-law Quit claim deed the house to me and then I could go for a home equity loan to remodel the house.Also does the $2500 have to be paid first or can I include it in the home equity loan.Thanks!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search