New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/13/13, 5:37 pm

hello...i am on the deed with ex fiance but not the mortgage. He moved out (NY to CA) and for past two yrs i have been trying to cover mortgage/taxes on my own. I told him i was struggling and he has asked me to stay for the required 3 yrs so that he doesnt have to pay back his first time home buyer tax credit. papers came from the bank re foreclosure and he did not have answers and would not give me authorization to speak with the bank. i suggested selling but he refused and said he will move back and i need to be out by june 1st...can he force me out before i have a place for my family?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search