New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/18/13, 12:07 pm

My minor child represented herself as an adult online and entered into a contract to rent a vacation home for a weekend. She didn't have to provide identification and there was no verbal communication with the property owner. Upon discovering this, I immediately called the property owner to let him know that she was a minor child, to apologize and to request a refund of the deposit she paid. He refused. Is he required to return the deposit? Did she commit a crime?

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/21/13, 6:28 pm by Christopher Moye

In most cases, minors can't enter an agreement. I would need more details to answer your question definitively without additional background. It would seem that some information is missing from this question.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Law Office of Christopher Moye 375 Park Avenue, Suite 2607 ( New York, NY 10152

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search