New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/26/09, 4:00 pm

I have a Note & Mortgage on real estate property in New York State with a real estate investor. It is now 6 months in default. The note is recorded in the county records. Numerous contacts have been made to mortgagor asking for payment of interest due and/or expectation of when it would be paid. In last contact (10/23/09) I was advised that I would be paid when sale of other properties would provide adequate funds to do so.

There is a clause under my contract to demand full payment of principal plus interest if a default occurs.

What should I do?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search