New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/22/13, 9:15 am

I have a real estate related question. My wife and I got divorced and she got the house in the settlement agreement. She was unable to get a mortgage and I had to remain on the note. She was responsbile for paying the mortgage from her alimony. She passed away in July 2013 and did not leave a will. We have a daughter. My daughter needs to be named administrator and has done nothing. I am not entitled to the proceeds but I am paying for a house that I have no rights to. Can I put the house on the market and have the proceeds go into an estate account? I live in NY.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search