Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

I sold my 1 family house and after many prospective buyers were unable to get mortgage finally after 7 months found one who was able to get mortgage. After searching for my new house found prices are much higher than when I first started my search and conditions really bad. Buyer now wants to move in ASAP because his mortgage will expire in a few days, however was able to extend for 45 days. Have not closed yet because I have nowhere to go. Is there anything I can do or will buyer be able to sue me.

Asked on 8/30/13, 9:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anna feldman Law office of Anna Feldman
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Depending on the terms of your contract, If you do not proceed with the sale, buyer could be able to sue you for specific performance(sale of the house ) and for damages associated with your breach. However, buyer might be willing to release you from the contact for a amount certain. If the deal was brokered , depending on you contract with the broker, broker might be entitled to his fee.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/13, 7:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now