New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/07/13, 3:46 pm

My town is passing water from a town storm drain that is in front of my house. the water runs into a pipe that empties into my stream and then travels onto another property. The town does not have an easement to my property. Do I have a right to deny the town the right to use my property for this? Is this a trespass? Can the town use my property based on the law of adverse possession since this has been going on longer than 10 yrs?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search