New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/04/13, 7:51 am

There are trees on the side of the road I live on in front of my house. The town's right of way goes into about 4 inches of the tree and the rest of the tree is on my property. The tree is almost completely dead and may fall on my house. Whose responsibility is it to pay for tree removal, and if the town is responsible for the tree and the tree falls on my house is the town liable for actual value of the house or replacement value

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/04/13, 7:55 am by Jignesh Shah

The right of way doesn't grant the town ownership over those 4 inches of your property. You are still the property owner.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Jignesh J. Shah, LLC 710 Tennent Road, Suite 101 Manalapan, NJ 07726

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search