Legal Question in Tax Law in New York

When my husband and I have to file taxes next year for 2013, we will have 6 months living in New York and we are moving to florida the end of June. When it comes to file taxes next year, can we go to an accounting in Florida even though we live in New York the first 6 months of 2013?

Asked on 4/12/13, 1:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Generally yes, although you may have to file a NY State return if you have NY source income.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/13, 7:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now