Legal Question in Traffic Law in New York

failed to answer

i got a traffic ticket in 2004 and never appeared in court so a bench warrant was issued,now my license will be suspended in 2 days if i dont surrender and make a plea. i dont have any money to pay any fines today and obviously no representation so i dont know whether i should plead guilty without the ability to pay or not guilty and hope they dont suspend my license or put me in a jail cell

Graig Zappia Tully Rinckey PLLC

Re: failed to answer

Pleading not guilty and requesting a hearing is always recommended. The driver can benefit by having a hearing. More often, however, the ticket can be resolved through the mail.

Hiring an experienced traffic attorney in the area that understands the NYS V&T and how to negotiate with the local attorneys is vital to not only trying to win, but to keep your insurance premiums lower for years to come. Paying a little today may save you two or three times in the future.

Our firm handles these types of issues and would be happy to help. I would need to review the ticket and see what can be done. Please contact my firm and I would be happy to assist.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New York