Legal Question in Traffic Law in New York

I recently received a speeding ticket in NY for 86 in a 65. I also did not have my license in my possession which ticked off the officer and resulted in him yelling at me instead of me defending myself. I believe that his laser which was 2000ft away when he hit my car was picking up the car next to me I was going about 77 when i looked and began to slow down to about 70 while the next car blew past me. I tried to tell the officer this but he continued to tell me that I was an idiot for forgetting my license. I sent in a not guilty and I am not really sure where to go from here.

Dennis OSullivan The Law Office of Dennis O'Sullivan

The first question is where is the ticket returnable? Before you decide whether to take this to trial or accept a deal from the prosecutor, you need to figure out the court's policies and procedures regarding plea bargains.

You are currently looking at a 6-point summons, which can be an expensive proposition. In addition to any fine imposed by the Court, Albany will also levy a 'Driver Assessment Fee', which starts at $300.

Feel free to give us a call at 800 421-5314 if you have any questions.

Yefim Rubinov Yefim Rubinov Attorney at Law

Get a lawyer, that's the next step

Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

AS STATED THIS DEPENDS WHERE THE TICKET IS RETURNABLE. IN MOST UPSTATE COURTS THERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO"PLEA BARGAIN" . THIS WILL ALLOW YOU WITH GOOD REPRESENTATION AVOID BOTH THE 6 POINTS ON YOUR LICENSE AS WELL AS A DRIVER ASSESSMENT FEE. PLEASE CONTACT MY OFFICE @ 7188340087 FOR A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION. ALSO VISIT MY WEB SITE nydrunkdrivingdefense.com.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New York