Legal Question in Traffic Law in New York

I recently got a speeding ticket for going 49mph in a 35mph zone. I'm wondering what my best option would be? I've been reading about deferred adjudication but im not sure it exists in new york traffic law. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asked on 7/15/13, 5:35 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Yefim Rubinov Yefim Rubinov Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to tight the ticket. Depending on where you were pulled over, then you might be able to negotiate it

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 6:22 pm
Traffic Lawyer Matthew Weiss - Weiss & Associates, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This speeding ticket carries 4 points in NY and roughly a $200 fine. You should plead not guilty and fight this ticket. In New York there is no process called "deferred adjudication". Feel free to call me with any questions.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 6:41 pm
Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In NYC all moving violations such as speeding are adjudicated @ Traffic Violations Bureau. You either are found guilty or not guilty , there are NO Deferred Adjudications as well as No Plea Bargaining. You are facing a fine as well as 4 points on your driving record. You may contact my office @ 7188340087 for more info.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 9:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now