Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

My brother & I were deeded my father's house that he still lives in. Brother has power of attorney what can I do to prevent him from ripping me off when the house gets sold I live out of state from the house

Asked on 8/24/13, 2:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arnold Nager Arnold H. Nager, Esquire
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Revoke the power of attorney. Your signature will be required at closing. Have an attorney represent you at closing to collect your share of the proceeds.

Read more
8/24/13, 3:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now