New York  |  Wills and Trusts

I am an executor for the will and small estate, including a house for a recently deceased famlily member. I developed the will and living estate based on LawGuru. Shall I now hire a realestate or other attorney to work with me though the execution of the will/house sale for the family or do it alone as I have been?

Answered on: 8/31/13, 8:30 am by Arnold Nager

You can have an attorney experienced in real estate matters assist you by drafting a contract appropriate to your needs and drafting all required closing documents for about $1250. You could also do it yourself and possibly make a mistake costing thousands of dollars and exposing you to potential lawsuits. You deciide.

By the way, have you attempted brain surgery yet? Let me know how that turns out.

Arnold H. Nager, Esquire 79 Cliff Street Hastings On Hudson, NY 10706-2101

Answered on: 9/03/13, 6:13 am by Juliet Gavriel

It is possible to do it yourself. However, you will most probably stumble on many unknowns and make costly mistakes. Your best course of action is to hire an attorney to guide you most expediently and problem free.

The Law offices of Juliet Gavriel, Esq 149 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10016