Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

my father who i havent seen in 20 years was buried today he has life insurance policys for me and my sister what do i need to do to get our money his new wife doesnt doesnt acknowledge either of us

Asked on 4/05/11, 12:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should be able to have the life insurance company make a distribution to you and your sister upon the production of a death certificate. The funeral parlor should be able to provide you with either a death certificate or direction how to quickly obtain same.


Read more
Answered on 4/05/11, 1:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now