New York  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/04/11, 12:50 pm

My grandmother pased away and did not leave a will. She had three children, one of which (my father) passed away before her death. The only thing my grandmother owned of value was her home in Queens, NY. When she passed away, my uncle was named the executor by the state. He and my aunt signed the house over to the uncle himself (the one named the executor by the state). I was never notified of this as I was out of state and have just been made aware of this. It happened in 2004. Do I have a right to petition the court based on NY State intestacy laws? I thought since my father passed away, his right to make a claim (as a child of the deceased) would be passed on to his children (me). Thanks for any info you may be able to provide.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search