Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

if my guardian died in 2007 and left behind his retirement money 100,00,00 and his sister claimed it and was told by a lwayer to share it between family ...i had no knowledge of this and he had started his paper work and listed me as his next of kin and had me sign documents but he never finished the process because he died....can i take legal action on this matter even thouh it happened some years a back ...because i was just informed of this by his jobs district office.

Asked on 5/06/13, 9:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Probably not, but one never knows. Did he have a Will and who received his estate under it? You have an uphill battle since the necessary paperwork was never completed.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 10:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now