Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

my sister made a life estate deed with my mother and excluded me. When my dad was alive, my parents made a will saying my sister and I get half the house. But when my dad passed away, my sister underhandedly made this deed excluding me out of the inheritance. Is there anything I can do about this ?

Asked on 5/26/13, 1:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rick Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Maybe. Have you spoken to your mom? If your mom knew what she was doing then there's probably not much you can do. But if your mother really didn't fully understand that she was effectively excluding you from inheriting the house, then yes you can probably reverse the transaction in a variety of ways. But you have to talk to your mom and ask the question.

Read more
Answered on 5/26/13, 3:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now