Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

In New York State if you are appointed executor of someone's WILL and have plead guilty to a felony and made restitution but have not been sentenced yet , can you still serrve as Executor?

Asked on 8/18/10, 6:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Norman Nadel Norman Nadel, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, unless it can be established by a party in interest or by the surrogate that as a result of your conduct, or for any other reason, you should not be placed in the fiduciary position of administering assets that belong to others.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/10, 7:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now