North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/24/05, 11:06 pm

Is there a burden of proof for harrassment?

I have a friend who lives in NC. She has been alienated from her son by her ex-husband. Her son is 14. Her ex-husband and his new wife and children recently moved back to the same town that she lives in. This has been a classic case of parental alienation that has been going on for 8 years. He will not let her see or speak to her son. She has 8 years of evidence to back this up.

In the last month it came to her attention that her ex husband and his wife were running a prostitution business out of their home. The new wife had a website that ''sold'' her to the highest bidder. There were pics of her having sex with other men while her husband filmed. There are 2 minor children in the home. One of course is my friends 14 year old son, the other is their child. Social services was notified of this. The police investigated, made them take their website down but did not arrest them.

Since then her ex-husband has been worse. He claims that it is her fault for them being investigated. He will not let her speak to her son on the phone. He called & made a complaint about harrassment..and they arrested HER! She had only called 3 times and sent 1 email. Where would this girl find a good lawyer familiar with PAS?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search