North Carolina  |  Traffic Law

hi my car was hit in the walmart parking lot . the person admit that he hit my car here lies the problem a report was was police report was do and he got a ticket . but his insure has not been able to reach him as a result i had to file against my insurance . what else can i do to get my money back

Answered on: 3/11/13, 6:54 am by John Kirby

It sounds like you are referring to obtaining a return of your deductible under your collision coverage. If so, then the other insurance company will probably ultimately pay that; if they can't find their driver and the accident report is favorable to you, then they will probably pay you. If not, then you would have to institute a civil action against the other driver. as a practical matter, your own insurance company will typically pursue the claim against the other insurance company, and you will most likely get your deductible back in that process.

Law Offices of John M. Kirby 2501 Blue Ridge Road, Suite 250 Raleigh, NC 27607-6479