Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

hi my car was hit in the walmart parking lot . the person admit that he hit my car here lies the problem a report was was police report was do and he got a ticket . but his insure has not been able to reach him as a result i had to file against my insurance . what else can i do to get my money back

Asked on 3/10/13, 5:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It sounds like you are referring to obtaining a return of your deductible under your collision coverage. If so, then the other insurance company will probably ultimately pay that; if they can't find their driver and the accident report is favorable to you, then they will probably pay you. If not, then you would have to institute a civil action against the other driver. as a practical matter, your own insurance company will typically pursue the claim against the other insurance company, and you will most likely get your deductible back in that process.

Read more
3/11/13, 6:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now