Legal Question in Disability Law in North Carolina

I filed for disability and was told i met the medical requirements and was considered disabled as of 3/3/11. But they also said they still haven't made a decision on whether I meet the non-medical requirements. What are the chances I will be approved if I have no income, no assets and havent't worked for almost 2 years. And I have worked 40 quarters of my short lifetime. So, it seems as though I would qualify for both SSI and SSDI.

Clarke Dummit Dummit Fradin (Winston-Salem Office)

You should not have to wait as long as you have. You should speak to an attorney. We have offices in Charlotte, Greensboro and Winston-Salem. Please call to schedule a time to speak with Ms. Cini in our office to learn what your rights are.

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in North Carolina