North Carolina  |  Civil Rights Law

I live in a dog-friendly community, where people walk their dogs every day. I was walking my dog on the sidewalk on Saturday when I was verbally harassed by an older (mid 50s early 60s) woman who not only called me names but was going crazy because I had my dog on the sidewalk near her house. It is a town home community, so they do not own the property, and I had a waste bag with me in case my puppy did use the bathroom. I did not harass her back. Later on I noticed her husband was outside spraying the area near the mailboxes down with a clear spray. Yesterday my dog became very sick, along with the neighbors dog, and I had to have blood work done (which the bill was a little under 200$). Is there anything legally I can do?

Answered on: 2/08/11, 2:28 pm by Stephen Wallace

Contact the local animal shelter and ask how to report anonymusly a SPCA violation. I would try to stay far from it for your pet's sake. Also what were the test results?

Attorney address not available