Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in North Carolina

I live in a dog-friendly community, where people walk their dogs every day. I was walking my dog on the sidewalk on Saturday when I was verbally harassed by an older (mid 50s early 60s) woman who not only called me names but was going crazy because I had my dog on the sidewalk near her house. It is a town home community, so they do not own the property, and I had a waste bag with me in case my puppy did use the bathroom. I did not harass her back. Later on I noticed her husband was outside spraying the area near the mailboxes down with a clear spray. Yesterday my dog became very sick, along with the neighbors dog, and I had to have blood work done (which the bill was a little under 200$). Is there anything legally I can do?

Contact the local animal shelter and ask how to report anonymusly a SPCA violation. I would try to stay far from it for your pet's sake. Also what were the test results?

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms