Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

If I am married and refinance my home in my name only, is my husbands signature required on any of the paperwork?

Asked on 2/08/13, 5:54 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jeff Rosner Rosner Law Firm P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Spouse needs to sign the deed of trust, Truth in Lending and Right to Cancel unless you have some type of free trader agreement in place. As long as husband does not sign the promissory note, he is not personally liable for the loan but he is indicating that he is giving up any interest he may have in the property as to the lender.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/13, 6:19 pm
Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, NC law requires spouses to sign off on all mortgage transactions even if they won't sign onto the loan itself. They must sign the deed of trust.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/13, 2:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now