North Carolina  |  Civil Litigation

Pressing charges against a MISTRESS

My husband had an affair for 8 months with this woman. AFter reconciling with me, she continued to make herself avaialble and accessible to him. Again, they have restarted a sexual relationship and she is betting on a future with him. As we are still married; no legal separation and no divorce pending, can I Ipress charges against her? Please provide advice and/or legal resources.

Answered on: 10/26/05, 10:02 pm by J. Patrick Williams

Re: Pressing charges against a MISTRESS

Pressing charges against the mistress is probably not your best option as many DAs are hesistant to prosecute for adultery. However you may be able to sue the mistress for alienation of affections or criminal conversation. If you win on either of these actions you would be entitled to receive money damages. Please contact me for any further info or if you desire to pursue either of these claims and I would be glad to help you.

Batch & Williams, P.A. 187-202 Wind Chime Ct. Raleigh, NC 27615