North Carolina  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/25/11, 1:40 pm

I received a speeding ticket in Jackson County, NC (Glenville, NC to be exact.) The officer told me upon giving me the ticket that he had set it up so that I would not have to go to court. However upon actually looking at the ticket there is no fine listed, and my name is incorrect. My license number and address are both correct, however the cop listed the wrong last name. My court date is tomorrow, and I would just like to know if there is any possibility of getting out of this ticket or whether I should just give up and pay the fine? My speed was twenty-two mph above the speed limit so it will obviously be a substantial fine if I can't find a way around it, which is really the only reason I'm looking for a way out.

I will be very grateful to anyone who can help!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search