North Carolina  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/22/08, 1:55 pm

Recovering borrowed property

I loaned a laptop to my ex-girlfriend earlier this year (approx. May 2008). Have been trying unsuccessfully for the last 5 - 6 months to retrieve the property without success. I've gone by at appointed times with no luck, made phone calls, text messages, and notes via internet to her, asking for my property. She always replies with her being out of town or not able to get home or get someone to meet me at her home. The few times she has agreed to bring it to me, she has not done so, with no valid excuse. my patience has worn thin, and I am in dire need of my property. What options are available to me to retrieve my laptop? There are digital notes and texts from her implying that she still has it.

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/22/08, 10:42 pm by Judy Tseng

Re: Recovering borrowed property

You can sue her in small claims court (filing fee is now $90) by filling out paperwork at the civil clerk's office, 11th floor of the courthouse in downtown Raleigh. Or, contact the police and file criminal charges against her. Good luck!

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Wake Law Office 3800 Paramount Pkwy. Suite 130 Morrisville, NC 27560-6950

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search