Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Should I sign a quitclaim deed for house that was purchased after an illegal separation from my spouse ? I am told there is not equity in the home, my name is only on the Deed not the mortgage, and I have no rights to the home since I never lived in it

Asked on 1/03/11, 9:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Victorianne Maxwell Maxwell Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should consult with a lawyer especially regarding the separation, the distribution of property, alimony, and child support if applicable.

Read more
Answered on 1/08/11, 11:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now