Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

My spouse drives a tracter trailer for a living. On jan.19-2012 he was in a single vehicle accident where he died. There was a man behind him for 20 miles and said my spouse was driving great. Can I sue his employer.

Geneva Yourse Cauley Pridgen, PA

If your husband was working at the time of the accident, you do have a workers' compensation claim against the employer. If you believe the employer was negligent in some way, then you may also have a personal injury claim against the employer. You should find an attorney who knows about both of those areas so that you have a full picture of what your options are. I would be more than happy to discuss it with you.

John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby

That is a good question. You probably need to discuss this with a lawyer. I'll be happy to discuss this with you. If he was an independent contractor and if the employer was negligent in maintaining the truck, then he might have a claim. You probably need to discuss this with a lawyer, and I would be happy to discuss this with you.

Perry Fisher Fisher Stark Cash, P.A.

Workers compensation covers workplace injuries. I need a little more information on the circumstances of the death before I can fully advise you about your rights. Please feel free to call me at 828-505-4300. Perry Fisher.

Clarke Dummit Dummit Fradin (Winston-Salem Office)

I would recommend that you discuss this with our Civil Lawyer in our Greensboro Office. You do have a workers' compensation claim against the employer if he was working at the time. Please contact our office in Greensboro

114 North Elm Street

Suite 202

Greensboro, NC 27401

Phone: 336-482-3848

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina