North Carolina  |  Bankruptcy

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/10/08, 7:51 pm

Summons Served

My wife was just served a summons. We would like to know what to do. Fell on hard times and had to stop paying credit cards. We still pay are mortgage on time. Need some advice and what to do with all credit card people calling us.

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/11/08, 7:29 am by Michael Elliott

Re: Summons Served

Your wife has 30 days from the date she was served to answer the complaint. If she does not do anything, the Plaintiff will be entitled to a Default Judgement. As far as the calls go, your only option is to file Bankruptcy. Once you file the Automatic Stay goes into effect and prohibits your creditors from taking collection action.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Elliott Law Firm, PC PO Box 1821 Huntersville, NC 28078

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search