North Carolina  |  Employment Law

I have an unemployment hearing Monday 1/7/13 tomorrow and I wanted to ask a couple of questions. 1. Do I need a lawyer or some type of legal advisor? 2. How much evidence and what type fo evidence do I need? 3. Will I hurt my case if I do not bring enough evidence? My former employer is blocking my unemployment, perhap because I was let go for attendance and tardiness.

Answered on: 1/06/13, 2:10 pm by Geneva Yourse

It isn't required to have an attorney, but it is worth it hire one. It is like real court proceeding, but over the phone. Any evidence you use must be sent to the hearing and employer's attorney before the hearing.

This is your only chance to present evidence. If you have any present it now. Any appeal will not include things not presented at the hearing.

You can ask for a continuance tomorrow the phone before the hearing starts to get an attorney.

Cauley Pridgen, PA 333 Fayetteville Street, ste. 1508 Raleigh, NC 27601